Sunday, March 7, 2010

Weekend

Today is sunday and im so tired. last night me and Fanny stayed the night at a friends house and at about midnight just casually decided to watch "Les Collines a Des Yeux" -ie. "The Hills Have Eyes" in french, and because it was a scary movie we didnt get to sleep till about 3.30 and then woke up at like 9 which was not fun haha but it was a good night. People are also starting to be able to say my name better now like it low key sounds maori but not quite but theyre getting there! its funny cos they all ask me what my brothers and sister names are like wether or not theyre as hard as my name. For example the other day after school we went to town and went to a bar to get a drink (yes we are allowed to buy alcoholic drinks here without id!!!) and one of the girls asked me if my family had hard names to say as well. This is how it went :
Me: "Hinemoana, Arohia,Te Reita,Taunoa, and neice Hineata Te Ope Wairua..."
French: [looking so amazed and shocked and confused all at the same time] "F.ck! and your dads name???"
Me: "...Paul."
then they all burst into laughter and so did i cos i realised how random it was and yeah. had to be there lol.
also this weekend me and Fanny have started to watch Skins(i french of course) on the internet from the first episode and im loving it, even tho its been in NZ for ages ive only ever watched a few episodes every now and then. and i can understand most of whats being said too which is good!
im going to go now as i am really tired, will right again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment